Laura is an experienced cellist and performs popular, contemporary, folk and classical repertoire.
‘cellist Laura Reid deserves special mention, providing fluid, virtuoso counterpoint’ David Peschek, August 12, The Guardian, 2003.
‘Laura Reid enriches each song with her exquisite cello lines’ Maddy Costa, The Guardian, 29 July. 2000.
- Live performance work: Touring UK and Europe with Kathryn Williams, Festivals including Glastonbury, Celtic Connections, Cambridge Folk festival, Accelerator (Sweden)
- Chamber and Orchestral: Skylark Strings, Aurora Strings, Kingston Chamber Orchestra, Newcastle Upon Tyne Bach Choir, Bournemouth University Orchestra. Contemporary Connections Concert Brighton 2014.
- Radio sessions: Loose Ends (Radio 4), Jonathon Ross (Radio 2) and Jo Whiley (Radio 1).
- Recording Sessions: Thea Gilmore, Kathryn Williams, Maximo Park, Neil Halstead and Cradle of Filth.
- Recorded TV sessions: Later with Jools Holland, MTV, VH1, Folk Brittannia BBC.
- Improvisation: Ecosonic Ensemble performances: Bath University, City University, Squall with Owen Green at Union Chapel Daylight Festival, Songs for Wild Horses (Nils Ockland + Oyvind Skarbo) Treehouse Beaulie 2015.